If someone uses a lift for transfers, how should I code G0300E, Surface-to-Surface Transfer (Transfer between bed and chair or wheelchair)?


The RAI Manual states “If a lift device (a mechanical device that is completely operated by another person) is used, and this mechanical device is being used because the resident requires staff assistance to stabilize, code 2.”  (see G-35 of the RAI Manual- G0300: Balance During Transitions and Walking)


Brandy Hayes, RN, RAC-CT
Clinical Consultant

Click here to learn more about the rest of the Proactive team.