Legal Nurse Consulting (LNC)
Legal nurse consultants provide support to in-house and external counsel in medically related litigation and other medical legal matters. We specialize in post-acute and LTC litigation and Elder Law, in addition to Regulatory Compliance, Forensic/Criminal matters, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury, Wrongful Death, Civil Rights, Employment Discrimination, Workers’ Compensation, Toxic Tort and Reimbursement issues including, but not limited to Medicare and Medicaid Program Integrity Contractor Reviews and FCA matters.
Our certified legal nurse consultants have extensive clinical experience, including a thorough understanding of disease processes and standards of care, as well as regulations governing practice. Proactive Legal Nurse Consultants are members of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants. Proactive provides the expertise you need
to interpret medical records, provide professional resources and communicate relevant analysis effectively.
Our (LNC) services include:
- Medical Record Review
- Case Evaluation
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Deposition & Trial Support
- Health Inspection Plans of Correction & IDR Support
Legal Nurse Consultants for Senior Care Industry Attorneys
Proactive’s team of legal nurse and clinical consultants includes expert Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists, as well as advanced degree nurses, reimbursement specialists, and health facility administrators with experience serving in multi-site healthcare operations, as corporate directors of reimbursement, clinical program specialists, and Compliance Officers. Proactive Consultants hold certifications in relevant areas such as compliance, auditing, QAPI, and Infection Prevention, and frequently present on topics related to compliance, regulatory matters, standards of care and coding and billing for reimbursement accuracy. Proactive Legal Nurse Consultants are members of the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants.
Solutions for Senior Care Industry Attorneys
- Survey management and regulatory support including Plans of Correction
- Directed Inservice Training
- Post-acute care risk assessment and auditing services
- Compliance Program Consultation & Interim Compliance Officer services
- SNF Requirements of Participation resources
- Confidential consulting for active medical review, FCA investigations & overpayment reporting
- Appeals management & recoupment guidance
- SNF PEPPER & PUF data analysis
- Clinical program consultation in critical areas, such as infection prevention and control, abuse, elopement, falls, pressure ulcers, psychotropic drug use, behavioral health, dementia care, activities, and rehabilitation services
- SNF Medicare compliance
- MDS coding compliance reviews
- CE approved education & implementation of staff development programs
Our team of Legal Nurse Consultants and clinical experts certified in Healthcare Compliance work with provider leadership, legal counsel and internal compliance staff to provide confidential third-party compliance support. Compliance services include risk assessment and risk management support, investigations, case review, chart audits, billing assessment, interviews, and onsite observations. Learn more about Compliance Services.
Proactive is very thorough and offers practical solutions…they are on my short list of consultants I go to when I need consultation on compliance and billing issues for my clients.
On November 20, 2023, CMS released Guidance for Federal Monitoring Surveys (FMS) which identifies the FY2024 and FY2025 focus concerns and guidance on how CMS staff will conduct FMS and communicates estimated FY2024-FY2025 required number of long-term care (LTC) FMS...
SNF Meetings– UR & Triple Check Essentials According to a recent Agency Financial Report released by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the primary reasons for SNF payment error include (1) missing or insufficient documentation to support the...
Q: For PBJ, where do we allocate NP hours? A: If performing MD delegated duties report Job code 13 (see definitions below) Per the PBJ manual, Job Code 7 Registered Nurse hours include: Those persons licensed to practice as registered nurses in the...