Who is qualified to provide Restorative Aide training?



Recommend that a therapist or nurse performs the training. It would be best practice to have the therapist provide the training or have the therapist train the nurse, and then the nurse trains the CNA/RNA. The RAI Manual nor F726 specifies who provides the training but indicates, “Nursing assistants/aides must be trained in the techniques that promote resident involvement in the activity.”


Answer by Kristen Walden, MSN, RN, RAC-CT
Clinical Consultant

Click here to learn more about the rest of the Proactive team.