This session will review the #9 top citation nationally, F686 Treatment/Services to Prevent/Heal Pressure Ulcer, with an emphasis on strategies to avoid this top citation through discussion. Actual citation examples and reviews of immediate jeopardy citations, strategies for successfully managing the survey process & understanding the critical element pathways used to guide surveyor investigations, & Implementing survey preparedness activities to prevent this top cited deficiency.
- Identify the regulatory requirements related to F686
- Identify survey procedures that describe how F686 requirements are reviewed for compliance during the annual survey process
- Identify examples of how F686 is commonly cited in the long-term care survey process
- Identify tools for the leadership team to use for monitoring compliance with F686 requirements
- Explain strategies for incorporating survey preparedness related to F686 into facility QAPI processes
Webinar recorded October 2022